Custom Design Work Information
AVAILABILITY STATUS: Unavailable for Custom projects until March 2019!
Price List: (As of January 1st, 2018)
eBook Only: $150 PLUS cost of stock images. This includes a 6×9 300 dpi copy of the finished design with your title, name and other cover text added. The PSD file is available on request upon completion of the project.
eBook + Print: $200. Includes the above for eBook plus a cover flat (front, back & spine) PDF created using a standard template from Amazon/Create Space custom to fit the page count provided and your print size preferences.
eBook+ Print+ Audio Book Cover: $225. All of the above plus a standard audio book cover.
eBook Box Set: $150 PLUS cost of stock images. This includes a 6×9 300 dpi copy of the finished design with your title, name and other cover text added. The PSD file is available on request upon completion of the project.
eBook Box Set + Print: Includes the above for eBook plus a cover flat (front, back & spine) PDF created using a standard template from Amazon/Create Space custom to fit the page count provided and your print size preferences.
3D Mockup of Box Set available by request for an additional $25
PRINT OPTION DOES NOT INCLUDE: Additional print flats for other services (ex. Ingram Sparks, Barnes and Noble) A copy of the layered Createspace print PSD file will be made available upon request which can be used to reformat your cover flat to work for these other services, but I will no longer be providing that service.
A deposit is required on ALL custom projects. Deposit will be equal to half of the total base fee with the balance to be paid, along with the cost of any stock images purchased by me for the project, when the final art is approved.
Billing invoices are sent and are to be paid through Paypal. Please include the email address associated with your Paypal account once an agreement has been reached.
During the design process you will receive PROOF SIZE images to approve before the final art is completed. Full size copies, including requested PSD files will be provided AFTER the final payment has been received.
Payment on invoices is expected within 5 days of receipt. Clients who have an unpaid invoice after 14 days, unless other arrangements have been made will be subject to removal from the client’s list. After 30 days, any unclaimed designs revert in ownership to The Midnight Muse and will be placed for sale in the Art Cover Design shoppe.
Custom Requests Information:
Please read through the following information carefully before submitting the project details form-available HERE
- Specify what type of project you are inquiring about. (eBook only, eBook + Print or eBook, Print and Audio)
- If you are contacting about more than one projects, as in a series of covers, be sure to include the total number of covers needed and if they will be eBook only or require Print copies to match.
- Indicate if you already have purchased stock images that you wish to use for the project and if not, include as much detail as possible for what your requirements are: Single model (m/f), Couple, Ethnicity, Wardrobe-time period, style, Positioning-embracing, sitting, standing etc. and a description of the physical attributes—hair color, eyes, build, etc.
Providing your own stock image is encouraged as it saves a substantial amount of time.
- Be sure to include as much information about the design you wish to see incorporated as possible. Specifics like the color/style of clothing, what type of scene (ex. Outdoor, Interior room, etc.), Props or other miscellaneous details.
Bad Example: I want a regency couple embracing. (end of details)
Good Example: I couple in Regency style clothing embracing on a gold chaise lounge with lots of candle light. Heroine should have long red hair, green eyes and with a sapphire blue dress that drapes over the side. Hero has short, black hair with blue eyes, shirtless or wearing a loosely fitting white shirt. Include a silk fan either in her hand or lying in view.
Designs will be created using the details that you initially provide. The more details the better!
- Once the design process begins you will receive a Proof size copy to approve or request changes (generally less than 1000 pixels in width) via email once it is completed. If changes are required, the process is repeated. (Please be specific about what changes that need to be made.)
No more than 3 attempts will be made during the art design process to produce the final approved art. If after the third proof, the art design has not met your needs OR if additional requests are added that differ from the original specification, I reserve the option to terminate the agreement and refund the deposit, minus the cost of stock photos purchased for the design.
IF, you wish to move forward after requesting additional changes as mentioned above, an additional fee of $25 will be added to your final balance for each additional proof.
- Once the art has been approved, the title, name and any additional text or series information will be added to complete the cover. Be sure to include the color/style of the font(s) you wish used or if possible, include either a copy of your font choice, a link to download or simply the font name as I may already have the font on my system. If you are unsure and do not have the font, providing an example is always helpful.
- For Print Copies: Provide the PAGE COUNT provided by the publisher (not your own as they will vary depending on the printers format), Back Cover text (synopsis, reviews etc.), if you wish to include your name or title on the back and the print size of the final book (6×9, 5.5×8.5), as well as paper choice. (white or cream)
- Changes After Completion of Project: Once the cover(s) has been approved and finalized the project is considered complete. Any requests for revisions to the ART, at a later date may be denied or considered as a NEW design and billed accordingly. Revisions to the cover text, such as title or series name change will incur an addition fee of $25.
- CREDIT: If you intend to add a design credit to your book please use the following: Cover Art Design by The Midnight Muse (if including a link) www.midnightmusedesigns.com
- FILE STORAGE: Designs files, including the original Photoshop files will only be held in storage for 6 months. After this time the files may be deleted from the system as well as the online cloud storage. (Be sure to request a copy of the Photoshop file and save it to your own system for future use.)
If you have any questions about the information above or anything you need to ask that is not covered in this information, please feel free to contact me at any time via email at firstname.lastname@example.org